The 20-20-20 Rule.

Have you ever experienced eye strain while using your Desktop.... like your eyes become dry and itchy... if yes I've got a solution for you...... No, it does not involve some fancy STUPID BlueCut lens (which actually don't work, for more info check here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkJY9bgLyBE&t=449s).




You know the strain you experience is because of the fact that while looking at a screen you tend to blink less often, thus causing your eyes to dry out.

So what's the solution?
>It simple... take a break in a while and look at someplace other than your screen :p.

Hey! but wait, we all know that this is not possible, I mean come'n while I am working on my Desktop computer I HARDLY  shift my focus........Wheeehww... and you are telling me to take a break in a while, that's not possible.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any other easy way?? 
>Well, actually there is one... you need to follow the mighty TWENTY-TWENTY-TWENTY rule.


Okaaaay go on I'm listening.
>So, this rule basically states that "for every 20 minutes spent looking at a screen, a person should look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds". Now, this is pretty obvious and easy to follow.... isn't it?
Image result for 20 20 20 eye rule
It is... but you know it is not possible for me to keep track of 20 minutes... like I just cannot set an alarm for every 20mins at work.
>Ahhh! That's exactly where you need me! No, not for setting an alarm for you, but what if your very own PC reminds you to look 20ft away for every 20min you've been looking at it and that too without that *BEEP*BEEP* alarm, but instead with a simple minimal notification?

:)

Go on try this application... It will remind you to take a break and look 20ft away for 20secs every 20min.


Contribute to make this app available for Linux and MacOS here > https://github.com/WinterSoldier13/20-20-20-Rule


Comments