Using Python with braces: Python++


Hi There!


We all love python, I mean where else would you find such a simple and powerful programming language(just forget about 'Go' for a moment). With the help of python, you can do pretty much anything... from a simple automation script to book seats for Black Widow to creating a Deep Neural Network to drive cars for you in Grand Theft Auto V.

But this language has a big...BIG.....like really BIG issue: 'INDENTATION'... In python, you do not use the good-old '{}' :( but you are forced to use ':' and '\t'  :/
Okay...okay many of you would be like "DUDE... just get an IDE... you don't need to create something just for goddamn' indentation" but let me tell you... have you ever written a 300 lines code in python for your robot, that works on RaspberryPi, just to find out that the python interpreter gives indentation error and then using Vim....literally Vim... to iterate manually through 300 lines fixing indentation?? NO? then you won't understand.
Not only on RaspberryPi but if you have ever done competitive coding with python, on sites like InterviewBit, you will see that they also give INDENTATION ERROR sometimes.
I mean seriously... just because I wrote my code on Windows and I am transferring it to some Linux based OS doesn't mean that I need to fix the whole code again.

That's when I decided to make python++, you know I love python but I also love coding in JAVA and C++, so I decided to mix their strengths... like the demerit of JAVA and C++ is ';'(ERROR: Semicolon missing at line no. 8)... I mean c'meon, if you know that semicolon is missing at line number X just fix it yourself... why to bother me, but the plus point with C++ and JAVA is that they use '{}'... good old braces... you will never get an Indentation Error.

So, I created this python++ a simple wrapper on your pre-installed python, where you can use all the features of python but WITH GOOD OLD BRACES {} :)... and semicolon(in case you love it).

All you need to do is add python++.exe to your path and call python++ instead of python.
eg. instead of  'python model.py' you need to call 'python++ model.py'
Oh and yes now you can also write code in notepad and execute it without worrying about "indentation".

See the below python++ code snippet:


Trust me this is a Python3.7++ code :)













Now let's talk about BUGS...
->Does python++ have bugs?
This is the first alpha release... sure it does have bugs.
->What kind of bugs are we talking about?
Nothin' other than the fact that you need to write '{' and '}' in SEPARATE lines.
->Okay, that's not a big BUG for me, but till when can I expect it to be fixed?
In the next two weeks, version 2 will be released in which this BUG will be fixed. :)
->Okay....ummm...any other issues?
> None for now, except the fact that it has only be tested on Python 3.7.3 on Windows 10(with    March 2020 update).

To Download the alpha build <<click here>>, NOTE: This is the initial build of python++ so please provide feedback after using it :) 
Instagram: @_neural.network_
Twitter     : @officalPirate






Comments